Thursday, June 10, 2010

A New Day, Rattled But Hanging In There

Somehow I have lost the settings for my blog and it took me awhile to set things to right.  Since dropping MSN, the whole stash of goodies I took for granted just disappeared and I've had to reset.  I'm good first thing in the morning but after trying to set up my new page in another service, I'm frazzleds and lost.  This resetting my blog has me questioning myself. Already I feel it's time to take a break...

Last night while watching TV (dozing really), my hubby shouted out to me scaring me to alertness (is that a word?) and I was alarmed at the sound of his voice.  He was trying to get me to get off my butt and come to the kitchen to see what was on the sliding glass door.  It was a beautiful Luna Moth and I do mean beautiful.  It was so interesting to see all the delicate features from another view than usual.  I tried taking pictures but was trying to do so through glass so will know later just what I was able to catch.  It's markings were so beautiful. I've only had a Luna Moth as a visitor three times in my life.  It was definitely a stupendous end to my day.

Yesterday while doing dishes, I kept seeing something large and fast zooming back and forth through my garden window.  I actually ducked twice to prevent being attacked by it.  Imagine my mirth at later at seeing two huge blue jays dive bombing the feral cat's feeding dish and scooping  up cat food as quickly as they could.  Then of course the little ground squirrels jumped in and filled their mouths full before running to their nests.  They really stuff those little jowls in no time at all.  In any event, it was enjoyable sitting in the chair beside the sliding glass door and watching such an entertaining sight.  The squirrels were working on knocking down the feeders so they could just sit and munch.  They think it's a buffet that way, all you can eat and you don't have to get off the butt to run back and forth for one sun flower seed after another.  That's too much work for them.  We've gone from 11 feeders down to 3 now.  Living in the woods, there's just no way to get rid of the pesky squirrels and we can't afford to feed them all so we limit ourselves now.

I guess I should fill the outside cat's dish so she will have something in it to eat when she comes around.  Now that I know the reason why it's always emptied so quickly, I'll just have to plan for more diners at the feeder.

Have a good day people and remember, we only have a few more day of rain and temps in the low 60's. Great for sleeping!  We certainly have crazy weather here in Connecticut.  After all these years I'm used to it.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment