Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Memories

It has taken me quite some time to get on the computer this morning due to my fingers not wanting to cooperate.  They are like ice and I kept making mistakes.  That sure takes the fun out of typing with all the stops and gos.  Gos, is that even a word?  Maybe it should be goes but my fingers aren't going anywhere.

I've mentioned my little Granny a number of times in my blog and this morning I was lucky enough to come across this picture.  It's only about seventy years old.  That's Granny holding my cousin Ray on her lap and me standing beside them.  In a dress no less.  I wonder how long I kept that clean?

While at my aunt's house Sunday, she brought me two lovely pins I had given Granny for gifts when we were in Germany.  One I will wear with my turtle neck sweaters. The other will be for dressy occasions.  Huh, when do I ever go anywhere to dress up!  With orthopedic shoes, it sure doesn't give me the incentive to do other than wear longer dresses, denim, of course.

I need to stay focused today so I'm not all over the place.  That seems to be how I work now, as the thought occurs.  That gets me in trouble at times. Sometimes it leads to happy and funny memories which really are a treat instead of dwelling on aches and pains and what is to be.  I have it in my mind that after surgery, I will be able to do things I haven't been able to do for years.  Like jump rope for exercise.  Now that's quite a stretch but I keep reaching in my mind.

I need to start a stew that was supposed to be done yesterday. I promised it would be made today and hopefully, it will last a few days instead of disappearing as the chili did.  I made enough to freeze but they kept eating it so the pan was empty before I knew it. So, it's off the machine and on to the stew.

You all have a wonderful day and enjoy the beautiful sunshine.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment