Monday, September 24, 2012

Fighting this Darn Computer Today

I have spent so much time and effort today trying to recover my blog from the depths of the cyber space, I'm now an afternoon blogger.  It turns out my grandson used my computer to update his resume and didn't sign out.  I kept getting a strange name on my account and couldn't get signed in. And of course they couldn't find me anywhere on the Webb.  I thought I'd been hacked.  I'm not in shape body or mind to deal with things like this. The machine went to blue screen and I thought, okay, I'll give it one more try and then that's it! After calming down and restarting with a quiet mind, I was able to fix the problem. The next time I have a problem I will look first to see if a certain someone never signed himself off my machine.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  I did go to my aunt's for a visit and we had a wonderful morning recounting memories.  She remembered more than I, but then, she's older and I hadn't been born yet. After leaving her house I drove to my friend Nancy's and we had a good 2 hour visit.  Lots of laughing which was good for both of us.  Upon leaving her house, I decided to come home using all the back roads so off I went.  I got lost but knew one road would lead to another  eventually so continued on.  I traveled almost every road in Ledyard and it was a beautiful drive. I even drove to our old house where I pulled up in the driveway and observed all the changes.  The huge pine trees which were bought for each kid for Christmas were causing too much shade so they cut them down.  My heart took a drop and I quickly backed out and drove on.  No, you really can't go back home again.

I had left home at 10 in the morning before the others were awake and drove up my driveway at 5 p.m.  Six and one half hours and not a thing was said to me except, "Did you enjoy your day?"  You betcha honey!  I felt as if I was a super woman.  After not driving for so long though, I think I'll keep my next break-out for only an hour or so and much, much closer to home. At least up until mid October, after that the surgery will keep me grounded.

Hugs are important so be sure to spread them around today. You'll be surprised at all the smiles you receive in return.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment