Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brrr, It's Cold Outside

I didn't write yesterday morning because I did nothing but go to bed to sleep, got up in the morning and nothing really happens here until afternoon.  So I'm writing later in the day.

Yesterday morning hubby and number two son had their heads together about something and I had the feeling they were purposely keeping me from knowing.  A little past noon they had completed their task and hubby told me he was going to the Department of Motor Vehicles to register his motorcycle.  I nearly dropped my teeth.  With all the sons and grandsons riding, he was always left home and he felt left out.  Never mind that I'm in this house everyday keeping watch over son's dog, alone. I just couldn't believe he would be so foolish, but at 74, I guess he is going through his second childhood.  I don't think he ever got through his first one. Next comes the motorcycle jacket, son already gave him a helmet.  I'm so outnumbered here.

In case you are wondering what that green thing is in the picture above, it is a moss covered tree root.
They cover the yard and the moss covers everything else. Now I do love moss and the softness of it, but not up the sides of my planters, concrete base of the flagpole, and the huge rocks in the yard. Also patio set and the part of the patio that doesn't get the sun.  Time to air hose it all down before winter arrives.

I'm going in the hospital for my surgery October 16th, so I am trying to get my things gathered up and packed in a small suitcase for hubby to bring wherever they send me for rest and rehab. I am relieved about that because I wouldn't survive being sent home directly from the hospital.  The doctor says he wants me to stay 3 weeks due to my age and my back being fused. I have to learn how NOT to bend, stretch, reach, etc.,all the things we normally do without thinking. Now that is going to be hard for me, but with rehab I'm sure I will learn some tricks.

The dog is lying here beside me sleeping peacefully. He is my body guard and I do love him, in spite of all my griping about son bringing home a pit bull.  He is also black lab so maybe that is what makes him such a lover. Anyway, I don't know what I'd do without my little buddy.

Late yesterday afternoon, I wanted to go for a ride while the sun was still out.  Well I asked but it fell on deaf ears. They needed to go out in the garage and make a fancy holder for the license plate.  Just wait until I come home after surgery.  I think I will buy a cowbell and ring it every time I want something. I'll run the socks off them just for a week or so. I can just imagine the meals they will fix.  Canned soup and more canned soups.  I'm going to lose a lot of weight while recuperating. Smile.

Today son is out helping a friend drag a tractor which is headed down the field.  It is more over the side than on a level angle.  I can just see them now.  They took a comealong, chains, thick wooden boards to help the tractor to go up into the truck more easily.  I expect a call and hubby will have to get son's truck pulled up. What were they thinking?

Since it's already after 11a.m., I will end this and fix myself some brunch. Hubby will soon be home from Physical therapy and we really do need to go to Stop&Shop and stock up on groceries. Oh goody, maybe some excitement to write about tomorrow. No snickering, at my age that is excitement.

You all have a wonderful day and remember to tell a certain someone in your life, "I love you."

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment