Friday, September 28, 2012

Computer on Vacation

Just Hanging On In There
 
Oh my, it's been a few days of confusion for me here.  Ever since my computer clicked off and came back on blue screen, I've lost all my settings and all my favorites were in large type with location of blogs, etc.  Now I had to go to my history of 2 weeks ago in order to find my blog and to find addresses that were normally listed on my Yahoo Home Page.

I bit the bullet today in order to go forward and wish there was somebody to help me here.  All use mobile phones now or I Pads.  I would really be lost using them, although the IPad looks interesting.  No matter, no money for that kind of foolishness.

I cooked a huge pot of chili and another of beef stew this past week.  They never were saved for the freezer for when I'm out of commission and the fellas are on their own.  Today I'm making an Autumn soup and my son can't stay out of it.  He's been raving at the flavor when at first he turned up his nose at it.  Since he's been helping me do all the chopping of veggies, I know he can make one by himself if he knows what spices to use.  Yum, the fresh rosemary that I cut from my potted garden this morning has the house smelling heavenly.  It also gives the soup a wonderful robust base.  I will try to save enough for a meal for them if I can. Otherwise it's grinders, canned soups, and easy things like frozen cheese filled ravioli with sauce when I'm not here to cook.

The cat went outside about an hour ago and caught one of those cute little ground squirrels.  She tried to get back inside with her little gift.  I let my son take care of it.  I didn't have the heart nor stomach to see the damage done. Oh well, that's what happens when you live in the boonies and the critters are running across the patio step, right under her eyes as if to tease her.  Inside the dog chases after her so I guess she figures turnabout is fair game.

It is pouring out today and from the weather channel comes the news that we will have 5 more days of it. I'm not happy about that since Monday and Tuesday I go to the doctor and to the hospital for blood work and another MRI.  I just want a few nice days to get outside and sit in the sun with the dog.  He must get tired of being cooped up with a boring senior citizen.  But after my surgery the 16th and my rehab, I have high hopes.  The words to that song, just popped into my mind but lucky for you, you can't suffer through my singing it. Do YOU remember it?

The guys are going to the auto parts store and again to the grocery store for some french bread to go with the soup, and I hope they bring me home a little surprise.  Like those tiny York Peppermint Patties which I open and throw everywhere on the shelves of my freezer.  It takes forever to find one and that is my reason.  I have to work to find a sweet.  Damn diabetes...

Okay, I did my blog and made supper too so I've accomplished my mission.  I have no idea if anyone reads my blog as I sit here and write, so I don't feel too guilty about skipping the past few days. Does this go on the Internet?  I don't quite understand  if this is for others or only for me and a few close friends. I'm comfortable with the few close friends because then they know I'm alive and kicking and still up to doing some things.  My mind still works so that's a plus isn't it?

Well, it's so long for now and happy trails to you as Roy Rogers used to sing at the end of his show. My favorite character was his horse.

Hugs to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment