Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today Is An Ugh Day

This is a picture of the chicory I mentioned the other day.  It grows high on stalks but this is a baby one. 
Chicory is grown for its roots, ground and roasted, they are added to or substituted for coffee.  Young leaves may be used in a salad or a vegetable.

See, just a little weed growing along side the road and overlooked by most.  Poor little chicory.  It's blossoms have a light sweet scent.  Very pleasant to the senses.

I think we've had enough wind and rain now.  It's wet, windy (strong), and the yellow, orange and brown leaves cover my yard and patio.  They are very slippery to walk on and they are constantly being brought into the house by clinging to wet shoes and boots.  Oh well, that's no big deal.  I've never been a clean house freak,   To be truthful, the leaves covering yard, patio and driveway add a bit of needed color to an otherwise dreary day. I can't believe it's in the 60's.  Do you think we might be headed into an early winter?  Shut my mouth!!

I'm going to leave you with a special quote by Ten Bears, Comanche.

"I was born upon the prairie, where the wind blew free,
   and there was nothing to break the light of the sun.
I was born where everything drew a free breath.
I want to die there, and not within walls."

With that, I wish you a wonderful day.  Make the most of it.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment