Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Night Was Pretty Special

Thank goodness for the wonderful cool breeze last night and the comfortable temperature.  I was able to turn the AC off completely and open doors and windows.

The picture is of Buddy, my friendly owl.  He now comes often and sits in the branches of the tree outside my bedroom window. He's a pretty neat little fella and I have gotten use to his presence and love his visits.

I stayed up late to watch TV  with hubby last night and finally stumbled into bed about 1:30 a.m.  I was turning down the sheet when I heard the owls calling back and forth to one another.  I must have laid across the bed for an hour or so just listening, it was wonderful.  The cat sat up in the window listening also.  Being and inside cat, she was anxious and wanted to get outside to see what there was to investigate.

I feel sorry for her being in the house all the time, but we tried the outside bit and got tired of dead critters being brought into the house and then barf from whatever she ate of them.  There's nothing worse then getting up in the dark to use the bathroom and stepping in a cold, wet, slippery mess. 

I woke up this morning at 10,  and feel as if I have a hangover.  It's not a good day for the tremors either so this will be short.  Just want to say 'hello' to the new day and say how thankful I am for another day of sunshine.  Am hoping to get outside for a drive to Wal-Mart so I can buy a Swiffer Wet Mop.  I know, my wants aren't much but it makes me happy and will make washing the floor much easier on me.  I also need parts for my Singer sewing machine but just try to find one in our area.  They have one in Old Saybrook and Willimantic.  I shouldn't complain, it would make a nice long drive, just enough for me to say we went on a trip!

Hubby is up now so I will make him a good breakfast.  Usually he sneaks in those darn Pop Tarts if I am typing my blog.  Today the blog can wait until a better day and I can spend some time with him.

You all have a great day and I hope there are nights ahead when you can listen to the owls, and receive the relaxation of having Mother Nature lull you to sleep.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment