Thursday, May 12, 2011

Off To A Bad Start

I really tried to get here yesterday but I had so many flowers to plant and only so much oomph.  The flowers won out but not without some regretful moments due to my failure to realize the pitfalls.

For instance, I forgot how much those bags of soil weight when you have to heft 40 pounds of dead weight and empty them into a large wheel barrel.  Out of 8 bags, I managed to open and pour out 5 of them.  No longer will I fall for the Potting Soil as it was wet and like mud!

I have 3 nice planter boxes on the stone wall and yes, I do like color but at what price?  Enough to make me do it again this afternoon.  I just forgot that all the muscles in the body are somehow connected and wonder why the cords in the back of my neck are so sore along with chest muscles and backache.  Two Aleve last night after coming in the house and then I was out like a light.  This morning I was out there again but so were the mosquitoes so will attempt it after the sun is out for awhile. That excuse sounds good enough to me so I'll stick by it. Also hubby will be up and can help me lift the heavier planters once I get them set.

The picture window above shows all our snow from this past winter in the background.  I'm so thankful that has passed.  We were up to our buns in snow this year and such a cold spring too.  One thing is for sure, we can never count on our New England weather.  The colorful items here and there are my crystals, coral, shells, gemstones, old bottles and whatever else happened to catch my fancy.  Even rocks, and there are many of them.  Most I brought home from Colorado and Arizona hidden in bags.  Hubby said no more rocks so I had to hide them in shopping bags from shops I had made purchases from. Sneaky, but they were just too hard to resist.

The sun is now out.  Glory!  Now I have no excuse not to get back to my planting.  I can see an early bed time coming again.

Have fun in the sun and remember to smile a lot.  Frowns just cause wrinkles and there's no way to hide them at my age. :(

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment