Friday, May 28, 2010

Outside is Calling To Me

This cute little angel caught my eye in an email and I couldn't resist copying it for my blog. Oh to be so free and innocent, unencumbered by clothing and enjoying the sunshine and the scent of sweet green grass. Also to fit into a little tub again. Yes, I also remember the foot in the mouth episodes. As old as I am and as much as I've learned, I still find myself sticking my foot in my mouth. Literally speaking that is.

This has been a week of wonderful sightings. A new deer in the farmers field, a raccoon fighting valiantly to remove the lids from our garbage cans fastened with bungee cords and my hubby with a broom, trying to chase them away. Guess who won? Also, a wonderful night with complete stillness except for the howling of coyotes and the who, who, whooing of the owls. Summer will definitely be here soon. Then there will be all kinds of night sounds to lull me to sleep.

We received news that the appraiser was coming to look at the house Tuesday so I have a lot of work to do. Planters made up and vegetables planted. House organized so she can at least walk through without falling over things grouped together for our upcoming church yard sale June 26. I just started pulling things out, here, there and everywhere. Now to get some kind of neatness to the messes. I sure as heck can't hide it all so will look for some very large containers to store it all in. She won't be looking at that anyway, she will be more interested in looking for holes in the walls, damage here and there. All that ended when my boys were grown and out thank goodness.

I guess I should get busy here because there is only one of me and I don't work as quickly as I used to. Just changing the bed sheets does me in. Treat your back gently and don't try to act like Hercules. Believe me, you will suffer for it later.

Have a great weekend and enjoy every minute of being with family and friends. They are the most important things in life and you will have wonderful memories to look back on.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment