Monday, May 24, 2010

Just Throwing Something On The Page


The little picture is of hubby and I during our RVing days. We have come to miss it after two years and now it's our conversation piece.

Today is my visit to the lab to have blood work done. I was instructed to drink as much water as possible because they had to take quite a few tubes of blood and they have to take it out of the vein in my hand and using those little butterfly needles will take more time. I'm used to it so I don't feel too apprehensive. I'm trying to chug a bottle of water, 32 ounces, down before I leave here. Naturally I'll get there and use the lady's room and it will all be lost. Oh well, can't help Mother Nature.

Yesterday was a fun day. Cool and just right for planting. I went and bought some morning glory plants, I'm tired of watching the seeds throw up these puny little two leafed things that look so pathetic and continue to be so when they are fully grown. The new ones are accomplished vines and I'm hoping they will cover the trellis hubby built along one side of the patio. I also bought some cucumber, summer squash and zucchini plants, hoping to watch them grow and produce. My dream was quickly quashed by my daughter-in-law, who has iris planted where I intended to put the veggies. A friend will take them off my hands and share the bounty with us come summer. Now that's not a bad deal at all. So I will buy two tomato plants and baby them along. Hopefully the animals will leave them be. I know that's just asking for trouble but at least I have hopes. I'm going to put them in those 5 gallon buckets and keep them on my porch. I'm hoping that will deter the critters from munching on my soon to be vittles. I say that laughingly because the skunk was here last night and the back door was open. The cat went spastic, attacking the screen so I quickly shut the door. Later I detected the faint scent left as his calling card.

It's 7:45 already so I'd best get dressed and out the door. It looks like another beautiful day and I have more morning glories to plant once I return home.

Have a wonderful day and remember to be thankful for the simple things in life. My favorite is hearing a baby laugh.

Hugs

"The earth is but a reflection of heaven, but the world is a reflection of unhappier places. The two are at odds and no one seems to know why -or even care.

The earth recoups when it experiences calamity. But the world slides away from reality with great pain and tears. It feeds its inhabitants with toxins and ugliness and tells them these are food and entertainment.

Wake up, children, wake up to reality. Rise out of the ashes and renew. It is your individual right." from The Cherokee Feast of Days, Joyce Sequichie Hifler.

No comments:

Post a Comment