Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This is Gonna Be A Day!




I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and got onto Facebook. Yes, that's right, I said Facebook. They contacted me several more times and then decided I needed a new password. L O N G. After wracking up several good deeds in Farmvile, I asked myself, Is this worth it? Then I decided I could be keeping up with my blog instead so I deactivated my account. LOL, all that whining and I really didn't want to be there after all.


I just put food out for the two feral cats, one is really wild but has learned to trust me. She came sneaking out from under the car and as I began to shut the door, a snow flake came down and landed on my cheek. The kid in me thought Yippee! The adult with doctor and dentist appointments and a pick up at our lawyers office of our Will and accompanying Power of Attorney, etc. thought oh damn! We are supposed to have quite a snowstorm and with more than a few paltry inches.


I was to wait here for hubby to come home from his 9:15 appointment and he would take me to my 10:30 appointment. That's cutting it mighty short but he doesn't want me driving the other car, no snow tires, and just because he doesn't want me on the road today. I know he worries about me with such old vehicles which break down often and at the worst times, but these errands are closer to home. Still, I like my little driver, and yes, he is still a good driver. He just goes into a rant when some idiot runs him off the road because they are on their cell phones having an arguement with the spouse, etc. There have been some close calls and not because hubby is a slow poke. People's minds just seem to disengage and I don't think they even realize they are on the telephone when they do things like that.


I'm sorry I started this and can't finish it. My brain tells me to get ready and just go with him and then he won't have to rush. I have to get my valentine's to the great grandchildren in the mail and pick up prescriptions and then go to the attorney's office. The reason being, he passed away on New Year's Day and they are trying to get the office emptied. So sad, such a sweet man and much too young to go so soon.


So, It's time to shower and get dressed in order to be ready to go when huby wakes up in 20 minutes. I'm sure all who are from around here have heard about the Nor'eastern hitting us today and I'm the kind who likes to be inside a warm house with a good book to read after the power goes off. It always does so now we try to beat it to it. Be Prepared, the Boy Scout motto.


Have a glorious day staying home to play in the snow. I'm not planning on cooking for any length of time, I've done that before only to have disasterous results. I cooked last night just in case.


Take care people and remember to be careful if you are on the roads later this afternoon.


Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment