Friday, January 29, 2010

Yesterday versus Today


Yesterday there was snow, beautiful snow. Huge white flakes of heaven. Today it is cold, windy and sunny. Bless the sun or my mood would be in my sneakers. It's too cold for me to go out so I will enjoy looking at my domain sitting on my duff at the computer. Out the back door is one scene, the front window an entirely different one. Some days I like one more than the other, but today I just don't care.
Last night the wind sounded like a freight train going by and until I opened the drapes and looked outside, I never would have known the noise was caused by the wind. It howled for a little while and then calmed down. Next came the snow but it didn't stick, so that's something to be thankful for. Hubby can't very well shovel and use the plow with his leg bummed out so we'll be thankful for small miracles.
A few weeks ago when my computer crashed, I lost all my pretty pictures taken with my digital camera. Gone! My poetry and writings, gone! So I've cheated and put some pretty red berries I confiscated from the web in order to add some color to my blog. I always need color, otherwise I find the page too boring and drab to look at.
Hubby got on the computer last night to play his games of Free Cell and Solitaire. In the middle of it all, the screen went blue and funny things began to happen. He sat here and watched it and after a little bit he said to me, "Honey, the computer is acting funny. It's very slow and things keep popping on the screen." Poor guy, with his bum leg I spun his chair away from the computer and tried to figure what went wrong. I did a scan right away to check for viruses and it turned into an all night ordeal. I finished at 3:05 a.m. and got a clean bill of health from McAfee. The problem was one of the drivers. Like I know what a driver is... Hubby swore to never touch the computer again because something always happened when he was on it. LOL. Poor guy, he'll get over it.
After that I fell into bed with the cat and woke up much too early. I know it will be nap time soon for this old gal. Computers and I just don't mix. I don't have the technical skills but I can write you a poem or create beautiful crafts. Nope, unfortunately I panic when things go wrong on this monster and wish I could still write by hand. It's for sure I wouldn't be blogging though. Son is so tired of me running to him with computer problems but he went to school for computer programming and I paid for it. I'm not dumb, just crazy like a fox.
My butt bones are aching so I've sat here long enough. It's time to feed my brain and do some puzzles to get my mind in gear. You all have a beautiful day.
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment