Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's Me Again and on the Same Day!



Picture of 'Flower' taken last week. She is a regular pin up girl lately.

I'm writing again today because I'm home alone, hubby and son Jon went to the stock car races and won't be home until late. This is a weekly event only in different locations. I was invited but I like my ME time with no noise or loud TV's playing. Just the whirring of the fan and a nice cool breeze on the back of my neck suits me fine.

When I wrote this morning it was before hubby left for the doctor and I asked him to pick up an item from the grocery store on his way home. Little did I know what that would entail. I opted to stay home because I was just too achey, most likely from the drastic change in temperature from yesterday's heat and this morning's cold. It did warm up during the day but it hasn't been unbearable and it's nice to have fresh air coming in all the windows and doors.

To get back to my hubby's number one errand, to buy two boxes of shell macaroni for a cold tuna dish I planned to make for supper. He was gone for quite a long time and when he got home, he came through the door with both hands full of several sacks each. I winced knowing what sending him to the grocery store would become.

Going through 6 bags of groceries I counted six (6) boxes of cook and serve chocolate fudge pudding and also butterscotch, his favorite. Three half gallons of ice cream, for me he claims but I know better. Two kinds of topping, hot fudge and butterscotch for MY ice cream. You don't really believe that bit about my ice cream do you? He bought his favorites, not mine. He did buy me a quart of Edy's coffee ice cream, my favorite flavor yet I can't stand to drink coffee. Figure that one out.

Also there was a bag of marshmallows (he said he's been craving them) so I don't know what that's all about do you? And I can't forget the Oreo Double Stuffers that he bought especially for me. I did say the other day that I had a yen for them, but then didn't buy them because they are really too sweet, even for my sweet tooth. Let's see, I know there were more sweets there than just the Oreos. Oh, 4 packages of frosted oatmeal cookies, I hate them but guess who loves them. Go ahead, just one guess.

To get to the good things or should I say nourishing food, a package of 6 deli rolls. That's it! The other items included a 5 pound bag of sugar, a box of sandwich size Zip Lock Bags (I have 3 downstairs on the shelf), and 4 Lint Rollers. I said I needed the cat hair rollers so need to make a trip to take these back. They are useless and we only wear tee shirts and denim so certainly don't need that many lint brushes. I'm just shaking my head here and I haven't gotten to the best part yet.

I finally got my butt up from the chair to get something accomplished while I was in the mood to cook and searched high and low for the shells. I couldn't find them anywhere. I went outside to the garage and asked him where he hid them and his reply. "Oh damn, I forgot them. There were women gossiping in the aisle and they were blocking me so I went and picked up something else and when I went back, they were still there!!" That is his number one pet peeve and I hate to go shopping with him because he talks loud, but not to the idiots blocking the aisles. By now he was miffed so finished his shopping in a huff I bet. Then he left the store and came home. Without the shells...

I was nuts to let him loose with the debit card because he does this a lot lately and we are supposed to be on a budget. Oh, he did buy toilet paper, lots and lots of toilet paper. I don't think we will run out anytime soon. As for our budget, I'm afraid that we'll have to start over next month. With a list and a leash!

Okay, I'm over my rant. Now I'll sit down and watch my show on TV. My tape of Les Miserables.

Have an enjoyable evening and in case I don't feel up to writing in the morning, have a great day also.

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment