Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wrap me in Bubble Wrap!



 

I have been away from my blogging due to appointments for tests, and doctor's approvals for my upcoming surgery. The past 3 days though has been due to a cat bite to the top side of my hand, just beside the vein. 


I didn't think it was too bad until all the swelling and pain, plus I was unable to actually use the hand because it felt too tight.  I knew it could be a big problem if not taken care of so I began the constant washings and using peroxide after each wash.  Also an antibiotic ointment and fresh dressings.  The angry red and swelling came down slowly and I was careful to help the wound drain.  My cat knew to stay out of my way and so hid under the chair until she sensed my feelings had cooled down enough to show her love. I was prepared to go to the doctor but knew if I was careful and watchful, I could get through it without a shot of antibiotic. 


Kitty is getting old, she's ten now and the new dog to the household has her all out of sorts. If you pay attention to the dog, you must be sure to love the kitty also and not always in that order. Last night she approached his food dish to sample the chicken. That set off a giggling session because the dog stood there watching, and whining like a little kid.  He eats her food so I guess she thought it was okay to sample his since he wasn't eating it.


The men have been putting a new roof on the garage in between our days of rain here.  With bad backs and all the aching they have to put up with, the job just doesn't go as quickly as they remembered.  Of course eight years does make quite a difference. Dad was upset because he couldn't keep up with them and felt very down.  At 74 and with heart and breathing problems, I don't know why he thought he could.  Anyway, here it is Sunday, and our Number One son is doing the last of the work before the rain hits us again.


I know it's time to get off the computer and make a big pot of vegetable beef soup.  It's cold out there and even in the house I'm feeling the cold.  I guess it's time to turn the heat on.  My bedroom window is wide open and I'm not that hearty gal I thought I was.


You all enjoy your Sunday and like me, put on a pot of something hot and nutritious.  One pot of soup and the other of chili.  That should hold my crew.

Hugs and warm wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment